Securities Litigation Expert
Mason Alan Dinehart III combines 43 years in the securities industry with 16 years of litigation consulting in court. Testifying in over 300 arbitration matters and 30 trials, Mr. Dinehart represents plaintiffs 65% and defendants 35%.
He has been qualified and has testified in CA State Court in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Fresno and Walnut Creek. He was also deposed on a Bernard Madoff matter in a trial set for State Court in Hartford, CT. Additionally he has been qualified and testified as a securities expert witness in Los Angeles Federal Court. Further, he has been qualified and has testified in NV State Court in a Life Insurance Supervision matter.
During the last four years, he has been deposed and/or testified as a securities expert witness in various State/Federal Court matters. They include:
- Chesley L. Martin vs. World Marketing Alliance, Inc., WMA Securities, Inc.et al – Third Judicial District Court for Salt Lake County, Utah
- Charles M. Felton, Trustee of the Felton Family Trust Dated 3/25/99 et al vs. Vestin Realty Mortgage II, Inc., (f/k/a/) Vestin Fund II, LLC et al Superior Court of California, County of San Diego.
- Clifford H. Tutelian and Christine Sarkisian v. Tutelian Development Partners L.P. et al – Superior Court of California, County of Fresno.
- Lorenzo Neal vs. E.G. Ventures Missouri, LLC, The Monarch Group, Inc. et al Superior Court of CA, County of Fresno
- Baldwin v. Johnson – Superior Court of CA – San Diego, CA.
- Kenneth G. Klaas, et al. v. Vestin Mortgage, Inc. and Vestin Realty Mortgage II, Inc. and Michael V. Shustek. District Court, Clark County, Las Vegas, NV.
- Brenda Phillips v. Ameriprise – Superior Court – Los Angeles, CA.
- Grossman v. Pacific Life Insurance Company et al – Superior Court – Orange County, CA.
- Ferro v. Haislett et al – Superior Court – Walnut Creek, CA
- Retirement program for Employees of Town of Fairfield v. MAXAM Capital Management, LLC– Superior Court – Hartford CT.
- Edward C. Pellegrini individually and Trust v. Ascension Asset Management, LLC – United States District Court – Central District of CA – Los Angeles.
- Consulting Securities Expert Witness
- Securities Litigation Case Review and Assessment
- Discovery Review and Recommendations
- Forensic Accounting Analysis (P & L and NOP Reports)
- Specialized Analysis (Isolated Damage Items – Morningstar Principia)
- Portfolio Risk Reports (Asset Allocation/Concentration Analysis)
- Special Demonstrative Exhibits
- Final Damage Calculations (Thomson Reuters – Investment View Software)
- Meaningful Expert Testimony
The following attorneys have retained Mr. Dinehart in the past and can be contacted directly through the References section of my cv under Company:
- Mike Layne
- Dan Dunbar
- Kamy Shayan
- Paul Thomas
- Brian Harrison
- Doug Hume
- Ed MacIntyre
- Bo Phillips
- Al Cressey
- Mike Yoder
- Dave Liebrader
- Ken Bohnert
- Richard Sullivan
- Phil Aidikoff
- Ryan Bakhtiari
- Brett Alcala
- Bob Banks
- Steve Buchwalter
- Tyler Reynolds
- Shannon Lawless
- Tom Frost
- Erwin Shustak
- Brian Miller
- Matt Yackshaw
- Don Hall
- Diane Palumbo
- Danny Quisenberry
- Bill Winfield
- David Crochetiere
- Reid Lambert
- Paul Bauducco
- Sarah Thrift
- Nathan Wirtschafter
- Chris Youtz
- Jonathan Evans and Mike Edmiston
- Robert Uhl
- Alan Freidberg
- Gary Greenwald
FEND Memberships and Affiliations
IARFC – http://www.iarfc.org/
The IARFC is dedicated to educate, support, and advance the professionalism of the financial advisors who are helping the public to spend, save, invest, insure, and plan for the future.
RFC® – Registered Financial Consultant is a professional designation awarded by the IARFC to those financial advisors who meet high standards of education, experience and integrity. Membership is based upon experience and years in the securities industry and 40 hours of personal financial planning is required annually. Mason Alan Dinehart III has been a member for over 30 years.
FINRA Board of Arbitrators – http://www.finra.org/
FINRA Arbitrators are selected for Securities Arbitration cases randomly through a neutral list selection system. They are not employees of FINRA but are classified as either public or industry arbitrators. Mason Alan Dinehart III has been a FINRA Arbitrator since 1999 and has 4 awards credited to him.
AAII – http://www.aaii.com/
AAII provides the education and guidance needed to build and manage investment wealth. Stocks, etfs, mutual funds, and bonds are covered. Mason Alan Dinehart III has been a member for over 30 years and uses this resource for research purposes.
NASAA – http://www.nasaa.org/
Organized in 1919, the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. NASAA is a voluntary association whose membership consists of 67 state, provincial, and territorial securities administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico.
NASAA Regulatory & Legal Activity – http://www.nasaa.org/regulatory-activity/
NASAA works with regulatory counterparts to collectively protect investors. NASAA members also provide insight from their unique perspective to the SEC and SROs as they move forward in their rulemaking process. In this section: NASAA Statements of Policy, comment letters, model rules, NASAA proposals, state proposals, legal briefs, enforcement statistics and more. Mason Alan Dinehart III uses this resource for Securities Guidelines as well as research in regulatory areas.
Thomson Reuters – http://thomsonreuters.com/
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of Intelligent information for businesses and professionals. It owns Westlaw. Mason Alan Dinehart III utilizes its analysis tool “Investment View” to perform damage calculations for arbitration cases.